Monday, August 6, 2012

New Samson posts and bowsprit preview

I received a call that my new samson posts were ready. So I headed over to H&L to pick them up. I was able to get a sneak peek of my bowsprit too!
Yea I know this picture sucks....looks like a couple of 2x4s just laying there. But honest they have all the holes and are shaped just like the old ones on the left.

Here is Russell at H&L working on the bowsprit. You can see he was working on getting the round stainless fitting (what's that called?) to fit. If all goes well I should have the bowsprit in a day or two! When I get it I will do a bare dry fit on the boat to make sure all the holes line up. If they do I will bring it home, coat it with penetrating epoxy and then paint it before doing the final installation.

Better pictures of the samson posts with two coats of penetrating epoxy.


2 comments:

  1. They look fantastic! Seriously hoping we end up with something that nice:D.
    Dani

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I just finished sanding the bowsprit and samson posts. They all have two coats of penetrating epoxy on them. I hope to paint them this weekend and maybe get the bowsprit installed. We will see. I do have more pictures to post. I will try and get them posted tomorrow.
    Thanks for the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete